Accept the "Play App Signing Terms" without uploading a certificate first

Viewed 485

I am migrating a few apps to App Signing, and to Android App Bundle. But since I'm not an account owner or account admin I can't do it.

In order to do it, you need to:

  1. Upload the signing key (and optionally the upload key)
  2. Accept the terms

The problem is that I am the developer, an admin only of my specific app. The terms have to be accepted by the account owner/admin. The account owner does not have the signing key, and shouldn't. So not sure how to proceed, as neither of us has all prerequisites for completing the process.

Q: Can the account owner somehow just accept the "Play App Signing Terms of Service", without having to upload a key?


P.S. There's the option to ask the account owner to make me account admin, which allows me to accept these specific terms (I'm currently only app admin). However, the account owner is not comfortable with giving me such high privileges, as they also have other apps on the same account. Not a solution.

1 Answers

Yes.

  1. Ask Owner to go to Google Play Console, from left menu select Setup > App integrity
  2. Click on Create release button

step 2

  1. Then click on change app signing key

step 3

  1. Choose use Google-generated key

enter image description here

  1. Accept license agreement
  2. And voila, now you can use it without admin privileges.

result

Note: This is tested many times before.

Related