Running Supabase locally with DataGrip, 'relation "public.users" does not exist'

Viewed 618

I'm running Supabase locally, using Docker, on MacOS. I initialized a Next.js project with Supabase, and connected the locally created database to JetBrains DataGrip. I can see and adjust the data in DataGrip without issue. But when I try to query the data from my app's API, I get an error that 'relation "public.users" does not exist'

However the users table I have is within the public schema. So I'm not quite sure why it doesn't exist when I try to access it with the API.

In DataGrip, my database file structure is:

postgres@localhost > postgres > schemas > public > tables > users

My app uses the Supabase client to connect:

import { createClient } from '@supabase/supabase-js'

const supabaseUrl = process.env.NEXT_PUBLIC_SUPABASE_URL
const supabaseAnonKey = process.env.NEXT_PUBLIC_SUPABASE_ANON_KEY

export const supabase = createClient(supabaseUrl, supabaseAnonKey)

The API call I'm using to access the data is:

async function getData(req, res) {
  try {
    let { data, error, status } = await supabase
      .from('users')
      .select()
    if (data) {
      res.status(200).json({ data })
    }
  } catch (error) {
    res.send(error)
  }
}

Just in case there was some sort of naming collision with the users table a hosted Supabase db uses, I also tried the above with an accounts table as well, but that did not have any impact.

0 Answers
Related