Make Zoho CRM extension using Angular

Viewed 199

I am looking for ways to work with Angular for a Zoho extension project.

In the Zoho community, I saw a comment where such a possibility is maintained.
enter image description here

But nothing further can be found anywhere. The project structures created by Angular CLI and ZET CLI seem to have some commonalities. Has anyone worked in a Zoho CRM extension or a Zoho extension before,using Angular?

NOTE: I do not mean using the Zoho APIs to communicate with Zoho from Angular. I mean an Angular Project that can be used to build an extension in Zoho.

**EDIT: What I have tried so far is to create two separate projects: Cat Zoho Project & Cat Angular Project. I write all the code in Cat Angular Project and build it. I copy the contents of the Angular build and paste them in the 'app' directory of the Cat Zoho Project. I validate the package and pack it using the ZET CLI. The zipped package is then pasted in the Connected Apps section of the extension in Zoho. But when I locally serve the Zoho project (zet run), nothing is displayed at all. No idea what I am missing.

1 Answers

I don't see a specific question here, will try to give a general overview of the process. I haven't worked with a extension using Angular, however have created VueJS based CRM extensions among others.

Project Setup

The zet tools looks for a app directory with source files and a plugin-manifest.json file in the root directory with the target Zoho service mentioned in it. So instead of creating two separate projects, set the target directory of the angular to app/ directory instead of dist/ and add the plugin-manifest.json file.

plugin-manifest.json

{
  "service": "CRM"
}

Testing

Before uploading the application to Sigma, you can check whether the widget works by configuring the hosting of widget to external and pointing the local server URL in there. So you can run ng serve and set the URL in Zoho widget as http://localhost:4200/.

Build

Once it is ready, you can build the angular project and verify that the output is in the app/ directory. Then running zet pack would produce a zip file from the app/ directory which can be uploaded to the target Zoho service

Related