I am using a python script to send an e-mail through a lambda function. The lambda function is connected to a VPC and as the execution role to allow the access to the VPC.
After deploying the function and pressing test it takes around 8 minutes and then returns the following error:
{
"errorMessage": "[Errno 97] Address family not supported by protocol",
"errorType": "OSError",
"requestId": "3d4a93d5-2ded-46e1-a480-9305d66d4ae5",
"stackTrace": [
" File \"/var/task/lambda_function.py\", line 9, in lambda_handler\n send_email()\n",
" File \"/var/task/lambda_function.py\", line 44, in send_email\n mserver = smtplib.SMTP(SERVER, PORT)\n",
" File \"/var/lang/lib/python3.9/smtplib.py\", line 255, in __init__\n (code, msg) = self.connect(host, port)\n",
" File \"/var/lang/lib/python3.9/smtplib.py\", line 341, in connect\n self.sock = self._get_socket(host, port, self.timeout)\n",
" File \"/var/lang/lib/python3.9/smtplib.py\", line 312, in _get_socket\n return socket.create_connection((host, port), timeout,\n",
" File \"/var/lang/lib/python3.9/socket.py\", line 843, in create_connection\n raise err\n",
" File \"/var/lang/lib/python3.9/socket.py\", line 826, in create_connection\n sock = socket(af, socktype, proto)\n",
" File \"/var/lang/lib/python3.9/socket.py\", line 232, in __init__\n _socket.socket.__init__(self, family, type, proto, fileno)\n"
]
}
If I run this script outside the lambda, it works, but when I deploy and test in the lambda function it returns this error.
Has anyone else had this issue?