I inherited a database that has the passwords utilizing the following functions to encrypt/decrypt in VB.NET
Public Shared Function EncryptString(ByVal Message As String, ByVal Passphrase As String) As String
Dim Results As Byte()
Dim UTF8 As System.Text.UTF8Encoding = New System.Text.UTF8Encoding()
Dim HashProvider As MD5CryptoServiceProvider = New MD5CryptoServiceProvider()
Dim TDESKey As Byte() = HashProvider.ComputeHash(UTF8.GetBytes(Passphrase))
Dim TDESAlgorithm As TripleDESCryptoServiceProvider = New TripleDESCryptoServiceProvider()
TDESAlgorithm.Key = TDESKey
TDESAlgorithm.Mode = CipherMode.ECB
TDESAlgorithm.Padding = PaddingMode.PKCS7
Dim DataToEncrypt As Byte() = UTF8.GetBytes(Message)
Dim Encryptor As ICryptoTransform = TDESAlgorithm.CreateEncryptor()
Results = Encryptor.TransformFinalBlock(DataToEncrypt, 0, DataToEncrypt.Length)
Return Convert.ToBase64String(Results)
End Function
Public Shared Function DecryptString(ByVal Message As String, ByVal Passphrase As String) As String
Dim Results As Byte()
Dim UTF8 As System.Text.UTF8Encoding = New System.Text.UTF8Encoding()
Dim HashProvider As MD5CryptoServiceProvider = New MD5CryptoServiceProvider()
Dim TDESKey As Byte() = HashProvider.ComputeHash(UTF8.GetBytes(Passphrase))
Dim TDESAlgorithm As TripleDESCryptoServiceProvider = New TripleDESCryptoServiceProvider()
TDESAlgorithm.Key = TDESKey
TDESAlgorithm.Mode = CipherMode.ECB
TDESAlgorithm.Padding = PaddingMode.PKCS7
Dim DataToDecrypt As Byte() = Convert.FromBase64String(Message)
Dim Decryptor As ICryptoTransform = TDESAlgorithm.CreateDecryptor()
Results = Decryptor.TransformFinalBlock(DataToDecrypt, 0, DataToDecrypt.Length)
Return UTF8.GetString(Results)
End Function
I am having a hard time encrypting the data to query the SQL server.
When using EncryptString with the following parameters:
Message = stack-overflow
Passphrase = Danielle
I get:
1c2wL+guV34oyVS0vkxwVA==
I need to do this encryption and decryption with node.js
I tried this but it did not work:
var crypto = require('crypto');
encrypt(text, paraphrase) {
const key =text;
const secret =paraphrase;
// Encryption
const cipher = crypto.createCipheriv("aes-192-ecb", Buffer.from(key, "base64"), null);
const encryptedSecret = cipher.update(secret, "utf8", "base64") + cipher.final("base64");
return(encryptedSecret);
};
I also tried installing MD5 by npm but I had no luck either.
Any help to encrypt and decrypt will be appreciated. Thank you all.