Why is Julia's Infiltrator package scrambling my REPL input?

Viewed 101

I am using Visual Studio Code with the Julia plugin. Regular debugging is impossibly slow, so I a tried to use the package Infiltrator.jl. I insert @infiltrate where I want execution to stop, just like a breakpoint and then start the REPL. Execution indeed stops there and the REPL prompt changes to yellow infil>. So far so good, but when I type something the letters get scrambled, sometimes when I hit Enter and sometimes even before that. It happens before my eyes. After two or three attempts the REPL prompt changes back to green julia> and the REPL freezes.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

1 Answers

As per the readme:

Running code that ends up triggering the @infiltrate REPL mode via inline evaluation in VSCode or Juno can cause issues, so it's recommended to always use the REPL directly.

Related