Xcode 13 is missing settings for location services under iOS15

Viewed 1921

I updated to Xcode 13 last night. Today I find that if I run the simulator for iOS 15 there is no location services settings under privacy, yet on my physical iPhone which is also updated to iOS 15 there is (phone is an Xr). If I run the Xcode simulator for iOS 14 then the settings for location are there under privacy. Where did the setting for privacy go on the simulator? Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Attached is an image of the simulator running iOS 14 which has the location services, and then an image of the simulator running iOS 15, which does not have the location services. Does anyone have any idea why the iOS 15 simulator does not have settings for location services (and yet iOS 15 on a Xr does!). Any ideas?

enter image description here

enter image description here

1 Answers

Unfortunately this is still not available as of iOS 15.5 with Xcode 13.4.1, and as per Apple forums this bug still open "Xcode 13.1 iOS 15.0 simulator missing location privacy settings" https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/693317?answerId=723302022#723302022

If anyone is looking for this setting to reset Location and Privacy for the UI Tests, we can make use of the XCTest API func resetAuthorizationStatus(for resource: XCUIProtectedResource)

As suggested by rmp251 in the comments Usage: app.resetAuthorizationStatus(for: .location)

Related