I need to modify and deploy some liferay modules that I didn't write. The original developer is not with the company anymore and there's almost no documentation on the code. The project is structured differently to the liferay projects I'm familiar with, so I'm struggling with the deployment.
It's a maven project with a number of modules, and when I build it generates multiple jar files. When I copy one of those jar files to my local deployment folder Liferay prints something like:
13:07:23,201 INFO [com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.auto.AutoDeployScanner][ModuleAutoDeployListener:70] Module for /Users/ali/LIFERAY/liferay-portal-6.2-ee-sp14/deploy/com.monator.ehp.routes.servicemix.moci-1.6.1.jar copied successfully. Deployment will start in a few seconds.
... and then nothing. If I check the liferay/data/osgi/modules/ directory I do see the jar file is present there, however when I test the behaviour I do not see my changes reflected, even after restarting the tomcat server.
We're running Liferay 6.2 ee sp14 with tomcat and postgres. I believe the modules in question are osgi modules, but I don't think that changes the deployment method?
EDIT: This is the main project pom file, running "mvn install" in the same directory does not create a war file, but does create multiple individual jar files in the various child module folders:
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
<parent>
<groupId>com.monator.tools</groupId>
<artifactId>monator-parent</artifactId>
<version>0.7.0</version>
</parent>
<groupId>com.monator.clients.moh</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-routes</artifactId>
<version>1.6.1</version>
<packaging>pom</packaging>
<name>Camel Route Project Parent</name>
<scm>
<url>https://bitbucket.org/monator/ehealth-portal-camel-routes.git</url>
<connection>scm:git:ssh://git@bitbucket.org/monator/ehealth-portal-camel-routes.git</connection>
<developerConnection>scm:git:ssh://git@bitbucket.org/monator/ehealth-portal-camel-routes.git</developerConnection>
</scm>
<modules>
<module>servicemix.routes.parent</module>
<module>liferay.routes.parent</module>
</modules>
<properties>
<camel.version>2.13.2</camel.version>
<osgi.export.package></osgi.export.package>
<osgi.import.package>*</osgi.import.package>
<osgi.bundle.symbolic.name>${project.groupId}.${project.artifactId}</osgi.bundle.symbolic.name>
</properties>
<build>
<finalName>${osgi.bundle.symbolic.name}-${project.version}</finalName>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-resources-plugin</artifactId>
<version>2.7</version>
<configuration>
<encoding>UTF-8</encoding>
</configuration>
</plugin>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId>
<version>2.4.0</version>
<extensions>true</extensions>
<configuration>
<instructions>
<Bundle-SymbolicName>${osgi.bundle.symbolic.name}</Bundle-SymbolicName>
<Export-Package>${osgi.export.package}</Export-Package>
<Import-Package>${osgi.import.package}</Import-Package>
</instructions>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>
<!-- Dependencies only declared for IDE support -->
<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-core</artifactId>
<version>${camel.version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-blueprint</artifactId>
<version>${camel.version}</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.aries.blueprint</groupId>
<artifactId>org.apache.aries.blueprint.cm</artifactId>
<version>1.0.5</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
<artifactId>activemq-osgi</artifactId>
<version>5.10.0</version>
<!-- Since we're using Maven 3, this is necessary. -->
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<groupId>com.sun.jdmk</groupId>
<artifactId>jmxtools</artifactId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<groupId>com.sun.jmx</groupId>
<artifactId>jmxri</artifactId>
</exclusion>
</exclusions>
</dependency>
</dependencies>
</project>```