Combining client credentials flow with authorization code flow (win-auth)

Viewed 185

I'm currently trying to get Openiddict working in the following scenario:

My resource-API is also the one responsible for hosting the authorize Openiddict stack (so that every API is completely self-contained and not relying on a central IDP).

Multiple client apps are accessing this API with different permissions based on the client app and the user using this client app. So to get this abstract setup a little more clear here is a simple example:

  1. Resource-API (this will also host Openiddict): MyApi
  2. Client-App: MyClientApp1
  3. Client-App: MyClientApp2
  4. User: MyUser1
  5. User: MyUser2

MyApi will have these example endpoints:

  1. OnlyForMyClientApp1
  2. OnlyForMyClientApp2
  3. OnlyForMyClientApp1AndMyUser1
  4. OnlyForMyClientApp1AndMyUser2
  5. OnlyForMyClientApp2AndMyUser1
  6. OnlyForMayClientApp2AndMyUser2

I get the client credentials flow and the authorization code flow with integrated win-auth up and running by looking at the Openiddict samples, but only on their own and not combined.

But I don't know how I get both flows working in conjunction together.

0 Answers
Related