I am coding a website with Flutter. My layout uses "blocks" of vertical content laid within a SingleChildScrollView. They look like rectangles of content (with images, text, buttons, etc in them), taking up the whole screen horizontally, and the whole screen vertically.
Currently, whenever I move the screen size around (drag the web window to be different sizes) the website breaks. If I move it to be really small horizontally, I cannot fit in the content I need, if I move it to be small vertically I get overflow errors (and vice versa). This is because I am using MediaQuery.of(context).size.height/width to layout my website.
My rectangular blocks of "content" all have their same respective parent: Container(width: MediaQuery.of(context).size.width, height: MediaQuery.of(context).size.height) so they completely adjust everytime I move the window. Is there a better way to implement responsive web? Would it be better to just specify (for example) 620 pixels height for the Container and double.infinity for the width? And then somehow make everything fit inside not overflow/look weird? Also, when I drag the bottom of the web window nothing expands/grows properly because at that same time all my "content blocks" are all resizing their height because I am technically resizing the screen.
Finally, I've tried using BoxConstraints's minHeight, maxHeight, minWidth, and maxWidth, yet they don't seem to work and still produce the yellow/black overflow lines when testing in a webview. Huh?
Also, how would I get a bottom scrollbar to appear horizontally once my webview window is fully dragged close horizontally and half my content is cut off, but I still would like to see it. Would this be necessary? Or would another solution not need this? I'm not sure...
How are other people working around this and achieving this? I feel like I am doing this completely wrong. It shouldn't be this difficult.
(Also, using LayoutBuilder I have 2 additional builds for mobile/tablet when the screen width reaches less than 1100px)