How to debug Playwright e2e tests in Azure Pipeline?

Viewed 588

I have 3 stages for my application so far: staging, testing (e2e), production.

enter image description here

  • The staging and the production stages are a classical release pipelines.
  • The testing stage uses the same pipeline agent as the staging stage and therefore runs on the same server. But it doesn't uses any artifacts, it just runs e2e tests on the public url through which the staging server is accessible.

When I connect myself via ssh and run manually sudo npx playwright test --browser=all inside the e2e folder, it starts like this and then finishes without any error messages:

Using config at /home/user/frontend/tests/e2e/playwright.config.js
Running 3 tests using 1 worker

But when I do the same thing within the pipeline (1. go to e2e folder, 2. run the test with the same command), I get a meaningless error and I don't know what to do with it.

2021-09-20T07:33:19.4386925Z ========================== Starting Command Output ===========================
2021-09-20T07:33:19.4423536Z [command]/usr/bin/bash --noprofile --norc /opt/vsts-agent-linux/_work/_temp/d25bd1f8-b4aa-4f03-baa9-632f7181bc85.sh
2021-09-20T07:33:50.0893773Z ##[error]Bash exited with code '1'.

Any suggestions?

0 Answers
Related