I'm having trouble figuring out the time equation for a couple small snippets of code.
int sum = 0;
for (int k = n; k > 0; k /= 2)
for (int i = 0; i < k; i++)
sum++;
int sum = 0;
for (int i = 1; i < n; i *=2)
for (int j = 0; j < i; j++)
sum++;
int sum = 0;
for (int i = 1; i < n; i *=2)
for (int j = 0; j < n; j++)
sum++;
They're all very similar as you can see. I'm not looking for an exact answer or anything, I'm just not really sure where to start with the inner loops. It seems like they would all run n times, but they can't all be the same, right? I'm pretty sure all of the outer loops would be log(n) and that the sum++ would just be a constant (1), but I'm not really sure how all of the inner loops are different and how that would change the equation.