I am trying to do something like this. I have a navigation bar with li items:
**index.html**
<ul class="submenu dropdown-menu">
<li><a class="dropdown-item" name="mis" href="{% url 'pdfNotes'%}">MIS</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="{% url 'pdfNotes'%}">MA</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="{% url 'pdfNotes'%}">UXD</a></li>
<li><a class="dropdown-item" href="{% url 'pdfNotes'%}">OSS</a></li>
</ul>
Here when I navigate to the first list '
pdfNotes.html with the name as 'mis' so that I can use this as a parameter in views.py to filter my data and display only 'MIS' details in pdf notes. It is the same for all other li items.
**pdfNotes.html**
{% if pdfnote %}
<table>
<tr>
<th># </th>
<th>NAME</th>
<th>DOWNLOAD FILE</th>
</tr>
{% with counter=1 %}
{% for item in pdfnote %}
{% with crs=item.course %}
<tr>
<td id="id">{{crs}}</td>
<td id="id">{{pattn}}</td>
<td id="id">{{sem}}</td>
<td id="id">{{ forloop.counter}}</td>
<td id="name">{{item.name}}</td>
<td id="downloadBtn">
<a href="{{item.file.url}}" class="btn-outline-success" download >DOWNLOAD</a>
</td>
</tr>
{% endwith %}
{% endfor %}
{% endwith %}
</table>
**model.pdf**
class PDF_Notes(models.Model):
name=models.CharField("File name",max_length=100)
subject=models.CharField("Subject",max_length=50)
course=models.CharField("Course",max_length=50)
semester=models.CharField("Semister",max_length=50)
year=models.CharField("Year",max_length=50)
source=models.CharField("Source",max_length=100)
file=models.FileField(upload_to="media/PdfNotes")
def __str__(self):
return self.name
**view.py**
def pdfNotes(request):
pdfNotes_file=PDF_Notes.objects.all()
#sub=request.GET[]
if(request.GET['mis']):
pdfNotes_file=PDF_Notes.objects.all().filter(subject="MIS")
n=len(pdfNotes_file)
print("hello",pdfNotes_file)
params={'pdfnote':pdfNotes_file,'total_items':n}
return render(request,'pdfNotes.html',params)
How can I do that?