Implement push messaging in a Hybrid Web / Mobile App? (capacitor -> Quasar Framework; Vue.js)

Viewed 228

I am developing a hybrid mobile app with quasar framework / vue.js and capacitor builds it for android / iOS. I am successfully using plugins like a barcode scanner using the phones camera or device files access, but I also want to enable a working push notification background process.

I already tried implementing firebase as a service worker, but that only worked out on the desktop dev environment - on mobile it won't even load the service worker or react to it.

So, what would be the best way to do that? How can i enable my hybrid app to listen to requests from firebase or any other cloud messaging service?

We use RabbitMQ as our main message broker - in the end the app should be able to react to it.

Thanks for your help!!

0 Answers
Related