I have a cluster with MySQL database which is a StatefulSet.
I would like to scale up my database with hpa.
The problem is that the second database that has been created is empty. I don't know how to synchronize the second with the first replica.
Someone told me that I have to create Operators, but I thought that the problem could have been solved with StatefulSets...
This is mysql statefulset code:
apiVersion: apps/v1
kind: StatefulSet
metadata:
name: mysql
spec:
selector:
matchLabels:
app: mysql
serviceName: mysql
replicas: 1
template:
metadata:
labels:
app: mysql
spec:
containers:
- name: mysql
image: mysql:5.7.21
imagePullPolicy: Always
resources:
requests:
memory: 50Mi #50
cpu: 50m
limits:
memory: 500Mi #220?
cpu: 400m #65
ports:
- containerPort: 3306
name: mysql
volumeMounts:
- name: mysql-storage
mountPath: /var/lib/mysql
subPath: mysql
env:
- name: MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD
valueFrom:
secretKeyRef:
name: mysql-secret # MARK P
key: password
- name: MYSQL_ROOT_HOST
valueFrom:
secretKeyRef:
name: mysql-secret # MARK P
key: host
volumeClaimTemplates:
- metadata:
name: mysql-storage
spec:
accessModes:
- ReadWriteOnce
storageClassName: standard
resources:
requests:
storage: 5Gi
Does anyone have any idea?