How can I make this popup/toolbar in Spyder less disruptive to my workflow?

Viewed 113

Sometimes when editing a file in Spyder, a drop-down menu with functions to autocomplete will appear and grab the focus of my arrow keys.

The most reliable way to reproduce this is if I have a function call foo() written out in the editor, then realize I need to add the module that contains foo. So I arrow key over to the function call and type in bar. to get bar.foo(). But when I want to arrow key away to the next problem, the function list has popped up and I'm just arrow keying through a list of proposed functions.

I haven't been able to find a way to disable this feature. I tried unchecking every box in Completion and Linting/Completion, but it had no effect. How can I disable this feature, make it pop up after some more specific condition, or otherwise make it less disruptive?

enter image description here

1 Answers

To disable completions by popping up automatically you can go to Preferences > Completion and linting > General> Completions and uncheck Show completions on the fly

After that, you only will see the completions if you do the shortcuts (Tab or Ctrl + Space)

Related