I'm trying to deploy a Dash app onto Heroku that is connected to an external PostgreSQL database. I've tried to use the heroku-postgres addon but I don't quite understand how that works, and I think it also won't have enough space for the data I need. I currently have an external PostgreSQL database I'm using and I've gone through the steps to attach/detach/config:add the new DATABASE_URL.
Every time I deploy I run into this error (more of the error code in the image):
Error fetching data from PostgreSQL table could not connect to server: No such file or directory
Is the server running locally and accepting
connections on Unix domain socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
I've set up my Config Vars such that the DATABASE_URL is postgres://user:password@host_ip:port/database_name
and in my code I'm connecting to the database via a .env file that looks like this:
# Development settings
user="user"
password="password"
host="ip"
database="postgres"
Also, I saw somewhere that this might be useful to check ps -ef | grep postgres and the output of that shows the correct database connection, but the output of pg_lsclusters shows nothing.
Please let me know if I can provide any more info. Thank you in advance!
