How to check if a queryset inside a queryset is empty or not

Viewed 10

Im new in django and I made an Idea list with options just like polls but whenever I wanted to make sure that Ideas with no option is not displayed on index page I couldnt found any way to get the primary key of Ideas to check is there any option for it or not I need all these to make a test for it here is how I get option_set of an specific Idea:

idea = Idea.ojects.get(pk='primary key of idea')
idea.option_set.all()

moreover the Idea list has been filterd by their date and only with past date is displaying as below:

Idea.objects.filter(date__lte=timezone.now())

I tryed for loop as:

for obj in Idea.objects:
    if obj.option_set:
        ****

but the error was:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<console>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: 'Manager' object is not iterable

also I tryed nested loop but that wasnt the way

as I mentioned at first Im a bigenner so if there is any free tutorial better than django-docs https://www.djangoproject.com/start/ I'll be verry happy to know about.

0 Answers
Related