This seems to be a long lasting issue:
In cypress interface, my application cannot send any graphql request or receive any response. Because it is fetch type.
here is the network status in cypress:
But in normal browser, I actually have several graphql requests, like here:
I know there are already quite several discussions and workarounds, such as using an polyfill to solve this problem such as below:
- https://gist.github.com/yagudaev/2ad1ef4a21a2d1cfe0e7d96afc7170bc
- Cypress does not intercept GraphQL API calls
but unfortunately, they are not working in my case.
Appreciate to the help of any kinds.
p.s.: I am using cypress 8.3.0, React as the front-end, and using apollo client and apollo server for all graphql stuff.
EDIT:
samele intercept:
cy.intercept('POST', Cypress.env('backendpiUrl') + '/graphql', req => {
if (req.body.operationName === 'updateItem') {
req.alias = 'updateItemMutation';
}
});
sample cypress console:
You can see that all the requests are XHR based, no graphql's fetch request


