I am making a game where, if the catcher gets destroyed by the object, the game over screen is triggered. All that seems to occur is that there is a giant game over the screen at the beginning of when I play, while the game is running in the background. For some reason, the game does not seem to call in the game over screen only on collision. This is the script I am using for my catcher, where it collides, disappears, and then the game over screen is set up to be triggered.
using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
public class CatcherDestroy : MonoBehaviour
{
public GameOverScreen GameOverScreen;
private void OnCollisionEnter2D(Collision2D collision)
{
if (collision.gameObject.CompareTag("Catcher"))
{
Destroy(collision.gameObject);
GameOverScreen;
}
}
}
and this is the code for my GameOverScreen.
using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
using UnityEngine.UI;
public class GameOverScreen : MonoBehaviour
{
public Text pointsText;
public void Setup(int score)
{
gameObject.SetActive(true);
pointsText.text = "Score:" + score.ToString();
}
}