Firebase Web + Functions + App Check auth error when using emulator on localhost

Viewed 543

I run a local emulator for firebase functions. When I'm executing an onCall function from the frontend side I see this message in my functions' console:

{"verifications":{"app":"VALID","auth":"MISSING"},"logging.googleapis.com/labels":{"firebase-log-type":"callable-request-verification"},"severity":"INFO","message":"Callable request verification passed"}

I followed all the instructions (activated App Check in Firebase console, connected reCaptcha, and set up the debug token), but still no success. Does anyone have an idea what's wrong here? Does the App Check work with functions using emulator at all?

1 Answers

I just found what was the problem. I use TypeScript and I did one trick to make path aliases to work with the emulator (by default they do not work). So I had a code explicitly compiling TS using tsconfig-paths npm package in the index file. When I removed that code and refactored my files to not use path aliases it started working for some reason.

Related