I have a branch policy that enforces the use of pull requests into a specific branch.
The policy also requires that an external status check is passed, in this case a web hook is triggered by the creation or update of the pull request. The web hook calls a web api which updates the status of the pull request via the devops REST API to set the required state check to succeeded or failed and include a description.
The description posted to the devops REST API is then displayed in the pull request in the event of a filed status check. For example:
I have control of the content of the returned description from the web api endpoint, and I am looking for a way to control the formatting of the displayed message in the pull request. Specifically a way to break the text over multiple lines.
I have tried adding a <br/> (shown above) or \n or \r or even \r\n to the text, all with no success.
Is it possible to do this? is there any parsing of the returned text, maybe to allow the use of something like markdown?
