I'm developing an XDP program and I'm facing this error when trying to mount it in NIC driver:
libbpf: failed to guess program type based on ELF section name '.text'
libbpf: supported section(type) names are: socket kprobe/ uprobe/ kretprobe/ uretprobe/ classifier action tracepoint/ tp/ raw_tracepoint/ raw_tp/ tp_btf/ xdp perf_event lwt_in lwt_out lwt_xmit lwt_seg6local cgroup_skb/ingress cgroup_skb/egress cgroup/skb cgroup/sock cgroup/post_bind4 cgroup/post_bind6 cgroup/dev sockops sk_skb/stream_parser sk_skb/stream_verdict sk_skb sk_msg lirc_mode2 flow_dissector cgroup/bind4 cgroup/bind6 cgroup/connect4 cgroup/connect6 cgroup/sendmsg4 cgroup/sendmsg6 cgroup/recvmsg4 cgroup/recvmsg6 cgroup/sysctl cgroup/getsockopt cgroup/setsockopt
libbpf: load bpf program failed: Invalid argument
libbpf: -- BEGIN DUMP LOG ---
libbpf:
number of funcs in func_info doesn't match number of subprogs
processed 0 insns (limit 1000000) max_states_per_insn 0 total_states 0 peak_states 0 mark_read 0
libbpf: -- END LOG --
libbpf: failed to load program '.text'
I searched and found the error is raising when eBPF verifier trying to compare attr->func_info_cnt and env->subprog_cnt but I don't understand how these two values are set before processed by the verifier. I have one XDP program with one section and 6 functions as helpers, I'm not sure if this info can help but I can provide more about the structure of the program if needed.