I really struggle with regex, and I'm hoping for some help.
I have columns that look like this
import pandas as pd
data = {'Location': ['Building A, 100 First St City, State', 'Fire Station # 100, 2 Apple Row, City, State Zip', 'Church , 134 Baker Rd City, State']}
df = pd.DataFrame(data)
Location
0 Building A, 100 First St City, State
1 Fire Station # 100, 2 Apple Row, City, State Zip
2 Church , 134 Baker Rd City, State
I would like to get it to the code chunk below by splitting anytime there is a comma followed by space and then a number. However, I'm running into an issue where I'm removing the number.
Location Name Address
0 Building A 100 First St City, State
1 Fire Station # 100 2 Apple Row, City, State, Zip
2 Church 134 Baker Rd City, State
This is the code I've been using
df['Location Name']= df['Location'].str.split('.,\s\d', expand=True)[0]
df['Address']= df['Location'].str.split('.,\s\d', expand=True)[1]