In my program, I have an enum that is used for indexing my array members. The reason is that it is much easier for me to understand which parameter I am accessing without knowing its index in the array
enum param_enum
{
AA,
AB,
AC,
AD,
PARAM_COUNT
};
static int16_t parameters[PARAM_COUNT] =
{
[AA] = 5,
[AB] = 3,
[AC] = 4,
[AD] = 8,
};
I can then access any parameter for example:
parameters[AA] = 10; // Update AA parameter to value 10.
I will be receiving serial commands such as :
"AA:15"
When I receive this command, I must determine what parameter I need to modify based on the first 2 characters, then skip the 3rd character( because it is just ":" and I dont care about it) and the remaining characters will show the new value)
I wonder if there is any easier way to map the enum to a string
My current method:
// line holds the string data
// cmd_size is the length of string data
bool parse_command(char *line, uint16_t cmd_size)
{
printf("data size = %u \n",cmd_size);
char temp_buf[3] = {0};
temp_buf[0] = line[0];
temp_buf[1] = line[1];
printf("temp_buf = %s \n",temp_buf);
if (!strcmp("aa", temp_buf))
{
printf("aa: detected \n");
char temp_storage[5];
int16_t final_value;
for(int i = 3;i<=cmd_size; i++){
temp_storage[i-3]=line[i]; // read data and append to temp bufferfrom the 3rd character till the end of line
if(line[i] == 0){
printf("null termination triggered \n");
final_value = strtol(temp_storage,NULL,10); // convert char array to int16_t
printf("temp var = %i \n",final_value);
}
}
return true;
}
}
The above method seems to work fine but I do not believe that this is the most appropriate solution for this particular task.