Numpy installation stuck at PEP 517 wheel

Viewed 639

Background for this question: So far, I've not been able to find any satisfactory answer for my problem (as none of the solution worked in my case), so I am asking this question.

Installing numpy (Linux)

I've already successfully installed and upgraded pip and python to their latest version. However whenever I try to install numpy using pip install numpy command, it takes an unusual long pause while building a wheel (PEP 517) and my wait never gets over.

I've seen tons of solutions like installing llvm to support the process of building wheel, or like upgrading python and pip, and so many more, tried all of them, but so far none of them worked for me.

Dropbox link of log.txt file, generated by:

pip install numpy --log log.txt

Screenshot

enter image description here

1 Answers

I'm able to find a possible solution for my problem using a GitHub repository

curl -LO https://its-pointless.github.io/setup-pointless-repo.sh
bash setup-pointless-repo.sh

After the installation of above repository, following will do the job.

pkg install numpy
Related