Sparklyr : sql temporary error : argument is not interpretable as logical

Viewed 43

Hi I'm new to sparklyr and I'm essentially running a query to create a temporary object in spark.

The code is something like

ts_data<-tbl(sc,"db.table") %>% filter(condition) %>% compute("ts_data")

sc is my spark connection.

I have run the same code before and it works but now I get the following error.

Error in if (temporary) sql("TEMPORARY ") : argument is not interpretable as logical

I have tried changing filters, tried it with new tables, R versions and snapshots. Yet it still gives the same exact error. I am positive there are no syntax errors

Can someone help me understand how to fix this?

1 Answers

I ran into the same problem. Changing compute("x") to compute(name = "x") fixed it for me.

This was a bug of sparklyr, and is fixed with version 1.7.0. So either use matching by argument (name = x) or update your sparklyr version.

Related