I had some issues with installing Python 3 on my Mac with OSX 10.12. Now I have stuck on point when Python is installed but is not properly linked.
I installed it via homebrew by brew install python@3.9 and command python3 gives me
pavelprdel@Pavels-Mac-mini ~ % python3
Python 3.9.7 (default, Sep 3 2021, 04:31:11)
[Clang 12.0.5 (clang-1205.0.22.9)] on darwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
But with command python I get
pavelprdel@Pavels-Mac-mini ~ % python
zsh: no such file or directory: /usr/local/bin/python3.9.7
pavelspurny@Pavels-Mac-mini ~ %
I have found solution via brew link --overwrite python command but I only get this
Warning: Already linked: /opt/homebrew/Cellar/python@3.9/3.9.7
To relink, run:
brew unlink python@3.9 && brew link python@3.9
And relink doesn't work, I used which python command and it seems that it is installed in different location
python: aliased to /usr/local/bin/python3.9.7
I have also installed python from https://www.python.org/ but result is still the same.