Mac OS Big Sur M1 Chip Ruby 2.6.6 Rails 6.0.4
sudo gem install webp-ffi
Building native extensions. This could take a while...
ERROR: Error installing webp-ffi:
ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
current directory: /Users/$MYUSERNAME/.rbenv/versions/2.6.6/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/webp-ffi-0.3.1/ext/webp_ffi
/Users/$MYUSERNAME/.rbenv/versions/2.6.6/bin/ruby -rrubygems /Users/$MYUSERNAME/.rbenv/versions/2.6.6/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/gems/rake-13.0.6/exe/rake RUBYARCHDIR\=/Users/$MYUSERNAME/.rbenv/versions/2.6.6/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/extensions/-darwin-20/2.6.0/webp-ffi-0.3.1 RUBYLIBDIR\=/Users/$MYUSERNAME/.rbenv/versions/2.6.6/lib/ruby/gems/2.6.0/extensions/-darwin-20/2.6.0/webp-ffi-0.3.1
mkdir -p aarch64-darwin
clang -fexceptions -O -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -DHAVE_PUTS=1 -DHAVE_WEBPDECODERCONFIG=1 -DHAVE_WEBPGETINFO=1 -DHAVE_STDIO_H=1 -o aarch64-darwin/jpegdec.o -c ./jpegdec.c
./jpegdec.c:4:10: fatal error: 'jpeglib.h' file not found
#include <jpeglib.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (1): [clang -fexceptions -O -fno-omit-frame-poin...]
Tasks: TOP => default => aarch64-darwin/libwebp_ffi.bundle => aarch64-darwin/jpegdec.o
(See full trace by running task with --trace)
rake failed, exit code 1
I have ensured that webp is installed as well as other webp-ffi dependencies. I have ensured that xcode and command line tools are installed and up to date. I have accepted the license agreement for xcode. I have located the header file (jpeglib.h) on my system, I can give the path if need be. I believe this is an error with where clang is looking for the header files but edits I make to environment variables in my ~/.zshrc file do not seem to have an affect.
Please let me know if there is any other information you need to help work on the problem.