Question
I have created a dynamic route as /update/<randomString> in my Flask app.py file, where randomString is a randomly generated string with the length of 50. However if I search for /update/1 I am able to view the same dynamic route /update/<randomString> without any error! Can anyone explain why is it so?
See what I've tried so far:
@app.route('/')
def index():
randomString = ''.join(secrets.choice(string.ascii_uppercase+string.digits+string.ascii_lowercase) for k in range (50))
session['randomString'] = str(randomString)
return render_template('index.html')
@app.route('/update/<randomString>')
def update(randomString):
if 'randomString' in session:
randomString = session['randomString']
return render_template('update.html')
else:
return 'error...'
Link of the dynamic page at update.html page, where random string is passed with the help of session(defined at index.html page).
<a href="update/{{randomString}}">Dynamic page</a>
Edit: I am also able to view dynamic route when I click on the link defined above and my URL section shows that long randomString. Problem is: I can access the same route when I search for http://127.0.0.1:5000/update/1
Screenshot one

Screenshot two
