Alright, so this has got me busy for quite a few hours already. I am trying to create a login screen where the main components are rendered on the bottom, with the logo in the remaining space. This is kind of what I would like to achieve:
To support my textinputs, I use KeyboardAwareScrollView, as it works better for me as opposed to KeyboardAvoidingView. My code currently looks like this (I plan on using a background image with a 50% color overlay rather than the red background, so the ImageBackground has to stay in place too):
<ImageBackground
source={require('./assets/img/background-clouds.png')}
resizeMode="cover"
style={styles.backgroundImage}>
<View style={styles.backgroundOverlay} />
<View style={styles.dummyView}>
<Text>elloha</Text>
</View>
<Image
source={require('./assets/img/logo.png')}
style={styles.backgroundLogo}
resizeMode="contain"
/>
<KeyboardAwareScrollView
keyboardShouldPersistTaps="always"
keyboardOpeningTime={0}
alwaysBounceHorizontal={false}
alwaysBounceVertical={false}
contentInsetAdjustmentBehavior="automatic"
showsHorizontalScrollIndicator={false}
showsVerticalScrollIndicator={false}
automaticallyAdjustContentInsets={false}
extraScrollHeight={30}
enableOnAndroid>
<StatusBar
backgroundColor="transparent"
barStyle="light-content"
hidden={false}
translucent
/>
<TouchableWithoutFeedback
onPress={Keyboard.dismiss}
accessible={false}>
<View style={styles.content}>
<View style={styles.backgroundContainer}>
<SafeAreaView style={{ flex: 0 }} />
<View style={styles.loginContainer}>
<View style={styles.loginScreen}>
// textinputs and buttons go here
</View>
<SafeAreaView style={{ backgroundColor: 'white' }} />
</View>
<View
style={{
backgroundColor: 'white',
height: Dimensions.get('window').height,
position: 'absolute',
width: Dimensions.get('window').width,
top: Dimensions.get('window').height,
}}
/>
</View>
</View>
</TouchableWithoutFeedback>
</KeyboardAwareScrollView>
</ImageBackground>
Relevant styles:
const styles = StyleSheet.create({
container: {
backgroundColor: "white",
},
content: {
flex: 1,
},
backgroundImage: {
flex: 1,
position: "absolute",
top: 0,
bottom: 0,
left: 0,
right: 0,
width: Dimensions.get("window").width,
height: Dimensions.get("window").height,
},
backgroundContainer: {
justifyContent: "flex-end",
flex: 1,
width: Dimensions.get("window").width,
height: Dimensions.get("window").height,
},
backgroundOverlay: {
backgroundColor: "red",
position: "absolute",
top: 0,
left: 0,
right: 0,
bottom: 0,
},
logoContainer: {
top: "10%",
width: "100%",
},
backgroundLogo: {
alignSelf: "center",
position: "absolute",
width: 126,
height: 96,
},
dummyView: {
backgroundColor: "red",
flex: 1,
},
loginContainer: {
borderTopEndRadius: 30,
borderTopStartRadius: 30,
width: "100%",
backgroundColor: "white",
height: 500,
alignItems: "center",
paddingTop: Dimensions.get("window").width * 0.1,
},
loginScreen: {
width: "80%",
backgroundColor: "white",
},
});
This yields the following result:
I can get it done by adding top: 160 to the backgroundLogo style, but that's a fixed value. I want it to be always in the center of the available space, but I'm unable to add a view between the background and the loginContainer, as all the logic for the keyboard and such is handled in between.
Is there a way to achieve what I want? Ideally, I should also be able to check the available height, and only show the logo if there is enough space (e.g. available height > 100, otherwise don't show logo).
Important: I want the logo to stay fixed, so if the keyboard is shown, the logo should not move up. The loginContainer should go "over" the logo



