I am trying to create my first React Native application. I have a login screen from which I want to navigate to a register screen if users want to sign up.
To achieve this, I was thinking of opening a modal above the first screen (login). I created the following:
import { NavigationContainer } from "@react-navigation/native";
import { createStackNavigator } from "@react-navigation/stack";
const Stack = createStackNavigator();
function RegisterScreen({ navigation }) {
return (
<View style={{ flex: 1, alignItems: 'center', justifyContent: 'center' }}>
<Text style={{ fontSize: 30 }}>Register Screen</Text>
<Button onPress={() => navigation.goBack()} title="Go back" />
</View>
);
}
function MyStack() {
return (
<Stack.Navigator>
<Stack.Group>
<Stack.Screen name="Login" component={LoginScreen} options={{ headerShown: false }} />
</Stack.Group>
<Stack.Group screenOptions={{ presentation: "modal", headerShown: false }} options={{modalPresentationStyle: 'fullScreen'}}>
<Stack.Screen name="Register" component={RegisterScreen} />
</Stack.Group>
</Stack.Navigator>
)
}
export default function App() {
return (
<NavigationContainer>
<MyStack />
</NavigationContainer>
);
}
This works perfectly fine, the modal shows. However, as you can see in this screenshot below, the modal is shown with modalPresentationStyle .automatic (in iOS). I want it to show as .fullScreen, so the hierarchy is not visible in the screen. Basically, I want the view to be shown from the safeArea/statusBar all the way down to the safeArea on the bottom.
How can I achieve this?
