Cannot connect to Atlas MongoDB from Azure Functions

Viewed 542

I just created an Azure Function that should connect to my instance of MongoDB on Atlas, basically following this tutorial:

https://www.mongodb.com/blog/post/how-to-integrate-azure-functions-with-mongodb

From my local development with Visual Studio, everything works fine and I can connect to the Atlas environment, but when I deploy the code on Azure, the following exception raises:

A timeout occurred after 30000ms selecting a server using CompositeServerSelector{ Selectors = MongoDB.Driver.MongoClient+AreSessionsSupportedServerSelector, LatencyLimitingServerSelector{ AllowedLatencyRange = 00:00:00.0150000 }, OperationsCountServerSelector }. Client view of cluster state is { ClusterId : "1", ConnectionMode : "ReplicaSet", Type : "ReplicaSet", State : "Disconnected", Servers : [{ ServerId: "{ ClusterId : 1, EndPoint : "Unspecified/ltdevcluster-shard-00-00.qkeby.mongodb.net:27017" }", EndPoint: "Unspecified/ltdevcluster-shard-00-00.qkeby.mongodb.net:27017", ReasonChanged: "Heartbeat", State: "Disconnected", ServerVersion: , TopologyVersion: , Type: "Unknown", HeartbeatException: "MongoDB.Driver.MongoConnectionException: An exception occurred while opening a connection to the server. ---> MongoDB.Driver.MongoConnectionException: An exception occurred while receiving a message from the server. ---> System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Attempted to read past the end of the stream.

If I instead set the Network Access to "everywhere", again everything works fine.

Now, in the Network Access panel of Atlas, I added the IPs retrieved from the Azure Portal under my function app => Networking => Inbound traffic and Outbound traffic (a total of 1 IP for inbound and 3 IPs for outbound).

But adding those 4 IPs has not solved the issue.

What else should I do?

1 Answers
Related