VSCode fails to install extensions remote ssh server when using Remote ssh extension

Viewed 2327

I'm working in a Windows machine behind a corporate firewall and acessing a linux server also behind a corporate firewall. With the excellent Remote-SSH extension, VSCode is failing to install my extensions in the remote linux machine.

How to fix it?

1 Answers

My local machine is a Windows machine. I have a local cntlm proxy running. Remote SSH works flawlessly, downloading extensions using this proxy.

My remote machine is a linux machine. In my .bashrc I set my http_proxy variables to another proxy. In my terminal, these variables are correctly set, but I don't think that VSCode sees them.

Solution: Go to preferences, open the Remote settings tab and configure:

Http: Proxy Support as override Http: Proxy as my remote http proxy. When I set an https proxy url here, it failed. proxyStrictSSL is set as false

Maybe VSCode Remote Extensions will asks for your password a lot of times. Better to configure your ssh keys.

Related