I added a start, stop, pause button. Start will start a count down timer which will start from a value, keep decrementing until value reaches 0. We can pause the timer on clicking the pause button. On click of Stop also timer observable completes.
However, once the timer is completed ( either when value reaches 0 or when clicked on stop button ), I am not able to start properly. I tried adding repeatWhen operator. It starts on clicking twice. Not at the first time.
Also, at stop, value is not resetting back to the initial value.
const subscription = merge(
startClick$.pipe(mapTo(true)),
pauseBtn$.pipe(mapTo(false))
)
.pipe(
tap(val => {
console.log(val);
}),
switchMap(val => (val ? interval(10).pipe(takeUntil(stopClick$)) : EMPTY)),
mapTo(-1),
scan((acc: number, curr: number) => acc + curr, startValue),
takeWhile(val => val >= 0),
repeatWhen(() => startClick$),
startWith(startValue)
)
.subscribe(val => {
counterDisplayHeader.innerHTML = val.toString();
});
Stackblitz Code link is available here