I would like the test runner to continue testing the whole it test even after the assertion fails.
const { assert } = require('chai');
describe('Test suite', () => {
it('Test 1', () => { // test fail
assert.equal(1, 1); // passed assertion
assert.equal(3, 4); // failed assertion
assert.equal(5, 6); // failed assertion
});
it('Test 2', () => { // pass
assert.equal(2, 2);
});
});
If I run this test, Test 1 failed as expected, but it aborts and don't try other assertions after first failure, printing this error message:
Test suite
1) Test 1
✓ Test 2
1 passing (6ms)
1 failing
1) Test suite
Test 1:
AssertionError: expected 3 to equal 4
+ expected - actual
-3
+4
at Context.<anonymous> (test/specs/newspec.spec.js:6:12)
at processImmediate (internal/timers.js:456:21)
I would like to get the failure information for assert.equal(5, 6) as well, can anyone suggest a good way to approach it? Split each assert in each it block is not an option as this was just a dummy example, but IRL the test is more complex.