How can I recreate original data structure in Golang serialized with avro using goavro?
With this library https://github.com/hamba/avro it's quite easy.
out := SimpleRecord{}
err = avro.Unmarshal(schema, data, &out)
type of variable out is SimpleRecord.
Let's say I have this struct and avro schema:
type SimpleRecord struct {
F1 int `avro:"f1"`
F2 string `avro:"f2"`
F3 string `avro:"f3"`
Dependencies []string `avro:"dependencies"`
}
func main() {
avro_schema_txt := `{
"type": "record",
"name": "AvroData",
"namespace": "data.avro",
"doc": "docstring",
"fields": [
{
"name": "f1",
"type": "int"
},
{
"name": "f2",
"type": "string"
},
{
"name": "f3",
"type": "string"
},
{
"name": "dependencies",
"type": {
"type": "array",
"items": "string"
}
}
]
}`
}
and then
codec, err := goavro.NewCodec(avro_schema_txt)
if err != nil {
log.Fatal(err.Error())
}
out, _, err := codec.NativeFromBinary(data)
if err != nil {
log.Fatal(err.Error())
}
fmt.Println(out)
where data is marshaled with avro, out is of type interface{}, so how can I "make" it SimpleRecord?