Read CSV file with Python function

Viewed 370

I'm trying to write my read/write function to a csv, but it can't return any value.

I'm reading from a CSV, replacing the " ; " in the second column with " " and performing and saving the csv already handled.

But for some reason it doesn't save my csv, is my function wrong?

I'm starting out in the Python world, and I'm having a bit of trouble.

import pandas as pd

header_col = ['col0','col1','col2','col3','col4','col5','col6','col7','col8','col9']
df = pd.read_csv('myfile_<date>.csv', encoding="ISO-8859-1", sep=';', names=header_col, header=None)

def file_load(df):
    df['col1'] = df['col1'].str.replace(';',' ') 
    df.drop(columns=['col8'], inplace=True)
    df.drop(columns=['col9'], inplace=True)
    
    return df

def save_file(dataframe):
    df = dataframe
    df.to_csv('myfile_<date>_treat.csv' ,sep=';', encoding='utf-8', index=False)
1 Answers
import pandas as pd

def file_load(df):
    df['col1'] = str(df['col1']).replace(';',' ') 
    df.drop(columns=['col8'], inplace=True)
    df.drop(columns=['col9'], inplace=True)
    return df

def save_file(dataframe):
    df = dataframe
    df.to_csv('myfile_<date>_treat.csv' ,sep=',', encoding='utf-8', 
    index=False)


def main():
    header_col= 
    ['col0','col1','col2','col3','col4','col5','col6','col7','col8','col9']
    df = pd.read_csv('myfile_<date>.csv', encoding="ISO-8859-1", sep=';', 
    names=header_col, header=None)

    df1 = file_load(df)
    save_file(df1)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()
Related