I'm adding the claim to a user's profile that he or she paid for something, though, after the payment this attribute isn't visible. I'm running the functions on an emulator on a local host.
This is the code I'm using:
If the paypal function has been handled succesfully through paypalHandleOrder, then the function addPaidClaim is invoked.
onApprove: (data, actions) => {
paypalHandleOrder({ orderId: data.orderID }).then(
addPaidClaim(currentUser).then(
alert("THANKS FOR ORDERING!"),
// currentUser.getIdTokenResult().then(idTokenResult => {
// console.log(idTokenResult.claims)
// })
)
.catch((err) => {
return err;
})
);}
addPaidClaim is a firebase cloud function, which goes as follows:
exports.addPaidClaim = functions.https.onCall((data, context) => {
// get user and add custom claim (paid)
return admin.auth().setCustomUserClaims(data.uid, {
paid: true,
}).then(() => {
return {
message: `Success! ${data.email} has paid the course`,
};
}).catch((err) => {
return err;
});
});
I've refreshed the page and checked the user attributes afterwards through console.log on the user to see if the attribute had been added, but this is not the case. I can't find attribute paid inside the idTokenResult object. What should I do? I also find it hard to make sense of what's happening inside the function addPaidClaim. It's not returning an error when I look at the logs on my firebase console, and not much information is given, besides that the function has been invoked.