Notification icon on Android shown as a white square

Viewed 4238

I am using Firebase Cloud Messaging with my Flutter app.

I am sending Push Notifications to my app using the Firebase Console.

My issue is regarding the notification icon on Android.

I have created an icon with Android Asset Studio, as follows:

enter image description here

Then I have included the downloaded assets into their respective folder at android/app/main/res/mipmap.

On Manifest I have included the needed meta-data code:

<meta-data
    android:name="com.google.firebase.messaging.default_notification_icon"
    android:resource="@mipmap/ic_stat_logopush" />

But when sending a notification, a white square is shown.

enter image description here

enter image description here

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Edit:

This my current file:

enter image description here

3 Answers

Background of notification icon should be transparent From Android 5.0 Lollipop Notification icons must be entirely white.

I think you should checkout this. I also hat a lot of problems with that so I saved that answer to my bookmarks ;)

Related