Calculating each average of given list of tuples

Viewed 61

Assume that I have an input as [(1,2,3),(4.5,-2,7.4)]. I need an output like (2.0,3.3). I cannot use any imports. I know an average is like:

list = int(input())
ave = sum(list)/len(list)
print(list)

but I don't know how to calculate each tuple's average. Ok now I know the answer my codes is as follows:

list = list(x)

print([sum(i) / len(i) for i in list])

x is just the value I named to read the input list of tuples as string and I have to, I cannot change it, but when I put [(15.5, 8, 16.46), (7, 56, 4.21884, -1.4, 8.3), ((4.5,-2,7.4)] as input, I get [13.32, 14.823767999999998, 3.3000000000000003].
I want to get (13.32 , 14.82, 3.33) as output and I am not allowed to use round().

1 Answers

Try a list comprehension:

lst = [(1, 2, 3), (4.5, -2, 7.4)]
print([sum(i) / len(i) for i in lst])

Output:

[2.0, 3.3]
Related