I am currently trying to piece together a shader-based music visualizer. The plan is to read data from the current MMDevice, which I'm trying to follow the documentation for, but I must be doing something wrong because I had to jump through all sorts of hoops to get even just the MMDeviceEnumerator to compile.
In order for the uuids of MMDeviceEnumerator and IMMDeviceEnumerator to be defined, I had to set #define WINAPI_FAMILY WINAPI_FAMILY_GAMES. This was also required for EDataFlow and ERole enumerations to be defined. My first question is if I've missed some configuration somewhere, or if this is the intended method of enabling these things.
Currently, I have the following code in an AudioStream class:
class AudioStream {
public:
AudioStream() {
//SUCCEEDING(CoInitializeEx(nullptr, COINIT_MULTITHREADED));
SUCCEEDING(CoCreateInstance(
__uuidof(IMMDeviceEnumerator),
NULL,
CLSCTX_ALL,
__uuidof(MMDeviceEnumerator),
(void**)&this->mmDeviceEnumerator));
SUCCEEDING(this->mmDeviceEnumerator->GetDefaultAudioEndpoint(
eRender,
eConsole,
&this->mmDevice));
}
private:
IAudioClient* audioClient = NULL;
IAudioCaptureClient* captureClient = NULL;
IMMDeviceEnumerator* mmDeviceEnumerator = NULL;
IMMDevice* mmDevice = NULL;
};
If you're familiar with what the DirectX 12 project template looks like, this object is being instantiated in the Sample3DSceneRenderer constructor. The main issue I'm having right now is the following two errors which are immediately raised during startup:
onecore\com\combase\dcomrem\resolver.cxx(2299)\combase.dll!75AA0DFF: (caller: 75B1CF2C) ReturnHr(1) tid(42a8) 80040154 Class not registered
onecore\com\combase\dcomrem\resolver.cxx(2507)\combase.dll!75B1CF4D: (caller: 75AA29E4) ReturnHr(2) tid(42a8) 80040154 Class not registered
This causes the entire app to hang, and the project template visualization to never appear (the succeeding macro exits). Does anyone have any idea why this is failing? It must have to be something with the CoCreateInstance call :(