I had a F1-micro instance created that was part of the Compute Engine Free Tier. A month ago i received an email stating
... We’ve identified that you’re using an F1-micro instance that is a part of the Compute Engine Free Tier. As we improve the experience of the Free Tier, we will be introducing the E2-micro VM, which is a part of a second generation VM family. It offers additional resources for your use, specifically 0.25 vCPU (which burst to 2 vCPU periodically) and 1 GB of RAM.
What do I need to know? The Free Tier F1-micro VM is changing to the E2-micro VM as the VM to use for free. On August 1, 2021, E2-micro Free Tier will be introduced. Follow these steps to change your machine type to E2-micro to avoid incurring charges for continuing to use F1-micro after August 31, 2021.
What do I need to do? Starting August 1, 2021, change the machine type from F1-micro, or stop your existing F1-micro instance and begin using a E2-micro instance. VMs created with either method will automatically have the Free Tier discount applied to them. The supported regions will remain the same. ...
So i went ahead and changed it to an E2-micro and all went well.
Today i have a need to create a brand new instance so i removed the existing E2 instance(which was created mostly to test waters so to speak) and started the process to (re)create an E2-Micro instance from scratch.
I chose the correct options for region/zone and when i chose the E2-micro option i find that the discount isn't applied.
When i choose a F1-micro i see the discount applied. See the text 'Your first 720 hours....' (which apparently needs to exist for the discounts to be applied per this (rather outdated) article).
Is this just a case of the documentation not reflecting the actual facts as yet? Can i go ahead and continue creating the E2-micro despite not seeing the information regarding the free-tier appliecation applied?
Note: I did send an email with my queries to the official ID but haven't got a response yet. So as suggested on the support pages I am using one of the supported community-support options, Stackoverflow.

