Python - Pandas Multi Index Pivot - Fill All Rows with data (no empty or merged cells)

Viewed 368

I am having issue with formatting a dataframe that has been pivot'd with pandas.

If somebody could point me in the right direction to change the way a pandas pivot formats a data frame that would be amazing. I am currently using the following formula for the pivot table creation:

tempTable = pd.pivot_table(newArr, values=['TotalTime', 'AvailTime'], margins = True, index=['UserID','Workgroup','Date'], aggfunc='sum')

Which produces the correct data, but in the incorrect format..

So I need to change it from this format:

UserID Workgroup Date AvailTime TotalTime
James Customer Service 2021-08-29 9000 10000
2021-08-30 12000 15000
Service Delivery 2021-08-29 9000 90000
2021-08-30 7000 12000
Allen Customer Service 2021-08-29 9000 10000
2021-08-30 12000 15000
Service Delivery 2021-08-29 9000 90000
2021-08-30 7000 12000

To this format:

UserID Workgroup Date AvailTime TotalTime
James Customer Service 2021-08-29 9000 10000
James Customer Service 2021-08-30 12000 15000
James Service Delivery 2021-08-29 9000 90000
James Service Delivery 2021-08-30 7000 12000
Allen Customer Service 2021-08-29 9000 10000
Allen Customer Service 2021-08-30 12000 15000
Allen Service Delivery 2021-08-29 9000 90000
Allen Service Delivery 2021-08-30 7000 12000

Long story short, I need the data stored in that format to get excel to interact with it correctly for xlookups etc (as from a best practice standpoint, you should not be storing information in merged cells when calculating in excel).

0 Answers
Related