I was just looking through our account roles (using SHOW GRANTS ON ACCOUNT) to identify an issue with some privileges, when I ran into an unknown role: APPADMIN.
This role does not appear along with the other system roles (ACCOUNTADMIN, SYSADMIN, USERADMIN, SECURITYADMIN, ORGADMIN, and PUBLIC) when I look at the full list of roles in the account (either in the UI, or using SHOW ROLES). I'm using the ACCOUNTADMIN role, so everything should be there.
Also, when I run SHOW GRANTS TO ROLE APPADMIN, it fails: SQL compilation error: Role 'APPADMIN' does not exist or not authorized.
Moreover, how can this role have any grants if it apparently doesn't exist? I tried creating and dropping a dummy role, and the grants were dropped along with the role (as expected).
CREATE ROLE test;
GRANT CREATE DATABASE ON ACCOUNT TO ROLE test;
SHOW GRANTS ON ACCOUNT; -- test grant is there
DROP ROLE test;
SHOW GRANTS ON ACCOUNT; -- test grant is no longer there
The role has access to CREATE DATABASE, CREATE INTEGRATION, CREATE ROLE & CREATE USER, and the grants were added on 2020-06-05.
We've never created this role, so I assume it must be some kind of system role -- maybe something related to Snowsight?
Can anyone else also see this in their account?