The idea is that the user can either download the file by clicking download or view it as a png in browser by clicking open/show/whatever.
I used a solution found on here to achieve a show/hide toggle div function. It worked perfectly for one list item, but I'm trying to find a way to use this with a list of about 30 entries. I know I could just copy and paste the code and make new classes for the divs and anchors but surely there's a better way. I'm new to web development so I apologise if the solution is an obvious one.
Here is an example. I want each entry to control it's own div toggle (click on open).
$('.list-link').click(function() {
$('.test-div').show(500);
$('.list-link').hide(0);
$('.Hide').show(0);
});
$('.Hide').click(function() {
$('.test-div').hide(500);
$('.list-link').show(0);
$('.Hide').hide(0);
});
.list-entry {
background-color: darkgrey;
width: 200px;
margin-bottom: 10px;
list-style: none;
}
.test-div {
width: 200px;
height: 100px;
background-color: blue;
display: none;
}
.Hide {
display: none;
}
<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.1.4.min.js"></script>
<ul class="list">
<li class="list-entry">
<p> test 1</p>
<div class="links">
<a class="download-link" href="">download</a>
<a class="list-link">open</a>
<a class="Hide">hide</a>
</li>
<div class="test-div"></div>
<li class="list-entry">
<p> test 2</p>
<div class="links">
<a class="download-link" href="">download</a>
<a class="list-link">open</a>
<a class="Hide">hide</a>
</div>
</li>
<div class="test-div"></div>
<li class="list-entry">
<p> test 3</p>
<div class="links">
<a class="download-link" href="">download</a>
<a class="list-link">open</a>
<a class="Hide">hide</a>
</div>
</li>
<div class="test-div"></div>
</ul>
https://codepen.io/pen/RwgaxRQ
Thanks in advance.