I'm trying to diagnose a linker issue with emcc. I've got it down to the following file:
#include <setjmp.h>
jmp_buf error;
int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
int n = setjmp(error);
if (n)
return n;
longjmp(error, 33);
return 0;
}
When compiled with gcc, this file produces an a.out that exits with code 33 as expected. But when compiled with emcc, it fails at the linking step, with this error:
nr@homedog ~/s/c [1]> emcc -s LLD_REPORT_UNDEFINED longjmp.c
error: undefined symbol: __invoke_void_$struct___jmp_buf_tag*_i32 (referenced by top-level compiled C/C++ code)
warning: To disable errors for undefined symbols use `-s ERROR_ON_UNDEFINED_SYMBOLS=0`
warning: ___invoke_void_$struct___jmp_buf_tag*_i32 may need to be added to EXPORTED_FUNCTIONS if it arrives from a system library
error: undefined symbol: emscripten_longjmp_jmpbuf (referenced by top-level compiled C/C++ code)
warning: _emscripten_longjmp_jmpbuf may need to be added to EXPORTED_FUNCTIONS if it arrives from a system library
Adding it to EXPORTED_FUNCTIONS results instead in this error:
wasm-ld: error: symbol exported via --export not found: emscripten_longjmp_jmpbuf
What do I need to do to compile this file?
I am running Debian stable (bullseye) with Emscripten version 2.0.12.
ETA: emcc reports versions as follows:
nr@homedog ~/s/c [1]> emcc -v
emcc (Emscripten gcc/clang-like replacement + linker emulating GNU ld) 2.0.12
Debian clang version 11.0.1-2
Target: wasm32-unknown-emscripten
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /usr/bin