I am trying to export logs from one of my CloudWatch log groups into Amazon S3, using AWS console.
I followed the guide from AWS documentation but with little success. My organization does not allow me to manage IAM roles/policies, however I was able to find out that my role is allowed all log-related operations (logs:* on all resources within the account).
Currently, I am stuck on the following error message:
Could not create export task. PutObject call on the given bucket failed. Please check if CloudWatch Logs has been granted permission to perform this operation.
My bucket policy is set in the following way:
{
[
...
{
"Sid": "Cloudwatch Log Export 1",
"Effect": "Allow",
"Principal": {
"Service": "logs.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com"
},
"Action": "s3:GetBucketAcl",
"Resource": "arn:aws:s3:::my-bucket"
},
{
"Sid": "Cloudwatch Log Export 2",
"Effect": "Allow",
"Principal": {
"Service": "logs.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com"
},
"Action": "s3:PutObject",
"Resource": "arn:aws:s3:::my-bucket/*"
}
]
}
Prior to editing bucket policy, my error message had been
Could not create export task. GetBucketAcl call on the given bucket failed. Please check if CloudWatch Logs has been granted permission to perform this operation.
but editing the bucket policy fixed that. I would expect allowing PutObject to do the same, but this has not been the case.
Thank you for help.