I am working on an Angular 6 project where I want to create some charts using chart.js.
I installed chart.js using npm install chart.js and its version is like 3.5.1. My TypeScript version is like 2.9.0.
So when I try to ng serve.
node_modules/chart.js/types/animation.d.ts(20,37): error TS1005: ',' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/animation.d.ts(20,46): error TS1005: ',' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(39,56): error TS1005: ';' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(39,58): error TS1011: An element access expression should take an argument.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(39,85): error TS1005: '(' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(535,38): error TS1005: ',' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(535,56): error TS1005: ',' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2424,37): error TS1005: ',' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2424,50): error TS1005: ',' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2734,63): error TS1005: ';' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2734,69): error TS1011: An element access expression should take an argument.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2738,22): error TS1011: An element access expression should take an argument.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2742,63): error TS1005: '(' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2746,57): error TS1005: '(' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2746,68): error TS1005: ',' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2746,75): error TS1011: An element access expression should take an argument.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2746,76): error TS1005: ')' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2763,26): error TS1011: An element access expression should take an argument.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2767,67): error TS1005: '(' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2771,56): error TS1005: '(' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2771,67): error TS1005: ',' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2771,73): error TS1011: An element access expression should take an argument.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2771,74): error TS1005: ')' expected.
node_modules/chart.js/types/index.esm.d.ts(2788,1): error TS1128: Declaration or statement expected.
What is this and how to fix this?
Thanks, Dasun.