I am needing to break down Event Count by specific events. I know that for a single tile I could add a filter for Event Name and display that way, however in a table format such as the one below, I cannot seem to create specific event metrics.
I've tried everything I could find as well as creating a new metric specific to checking for a certain event and attempting to sum all occurrences of this: is_social_link_click:
CASE
WHEN (Event name='link_click_social') THEN 1
ELSE 0
END
count_social_link_clicks:
SUM(is social link click)
But this doesn't seem to work. I've also tried Data Export, along with the following setup, which gives me what I want. However I need to be able to dynamically update the date range, and Data Exports don't allow for that.
CASE
WHEN (Event name='link_click_social') THEN Event count
ELSE 0
END
I've also tried data blending, and adding 4 tables of the same data and applying the custom filter to each one, however I'm not sure that they're properly sharing the Session medium dimension such that they can be broken down per Session medium.
How can this be accomplished?
Thanks
UPDATE: I I've managed to create something close to what I need by:
- creating 4 tables, one for Resource Page Visit filtered by Session medium, one for Contact Form Submit filtered by Session medium, ...etc.
- ctrl clicking to select them all and right click -> Blend Data (which sets Session Medium as a join key).
The problem with this is that it only displays events if all 4 tables(events) had an event from each medium in question. So for example, if all 4 had an event come from referral we're good, but if only Resource Page Visit had an event from referral, then this data will be dropped since the other tables(events) don't share at least one instance of this source.


